- President of Crafton Hills College for 12 years
- Dedicated to local education for the past 46 years, as a student, teacher, and administrator
- Founder of Inland Empire Community Newspapers (IECN), a successful small business providing community news.
- Degrees from San Bernardino Valley College and the University of California, Riverside.
As an educator and business owner, I am uniquely qualified to be a trustee. I know firsthand that our future depends on providing our students opportunities for higher education and training. I am a testament to this belief – without my education I would not have been able to form IECN weekly newspapers. My education, in concert with running a successful small business has taught me to manage money and to maximize limited resources.
I promise to work on making our two district campuses models of efficiency that place students first by focusing on the following goals:
- Ensure access to as many students as possible to help them successfully achieve their educational and training needs.
- Maximize limited resources in these challenging times by efficient use of every tax dollar.
- Make sound policy decisions that emphasize quality education and training and efficient administration.